Saturday, March 3, 2012

Secret Talent

To get my mind off of being anxious to get this baby out, I thought it would be good timing to share my secret talent with all of you. Inventing! haha. I have collected a series of invention ideas in my mind throughout my years, and wanted to share them with you. I realize a couple are already in production, so I guess I'm not that creative. 

#6. Hamburger drainer
          Don't you hate when you try to drain hamburger grease out of a pan and half of the meat tumbles down and out of the pan with it? (smart people just use the lid of a pot) Well, look no further... "Pot strainers" are available in multiple colors, materials, and designs at your local retail website.

#5. Oreo Dunker
          Everyone knows that Oreos are best when they have been submerged in ice cold milk for 30 seconds or longer. But by the time you get to the second cookie, your fingers are beginning to lose circulation from the cold. Here is one invention that allows you finger free submersion. I personally pictured some type of 'dipper meets strainer' device, but this will do.

#4.  Pillow Chiller
Who doesn't love the cool side of a pillow? I was hoping they had created some way to use chemistry and science to keep the pillow cool for longer. Turns out they did, meet the Chill-ow!
#3. The Pregnancy Donut Pillow
Being pregnant has led me to a couple of "I wish they made ____" moments. The different pregnancy pillows have been popular for years, but I was picturing something that would allow a pregnant woman to sleep on her belly. Picture the face pillow from a massage table... But a full body sized donut that leaves space for the belly. Maybe I should just carve out a hole in the actual bed instead, who knows...
#2. The Bel-met.
                    A Belly Helmet. A helmet for your belly! Hubby is off enjoying the fresh thick snow on his snowmobile today, an activity that is grossly off limits to pregnant women. I'm not an avid snowmobiler, but I can imagine that it would be really frustrating to give up if you were. Similar to the last invention, couldn't we create something out of high test foam padding, and even an include a hard shell, that surrounds the baby during dangerous activities?? I think anything is possible.

   I saved my best invention for last! And I know it will put most of you to sleep, because you couldn't care less about the equipment needs of track and field athletes. :) But it's my favorite one, and I still think Nike should be calling me up to make offers on producing this. 
Now that I'm searching for pictures, lo and behold, it has already been created... :)

When getting ready for and in the middle of competition, a track athlete must keep their spikes on in order to warm up and be fully ready to compete at any moment. You can imagine that last second potty breaks and other needs come up, making it awkward and inconvenient to get around. The spikes are very sharp, and a person wants them to stay as sharp as possible, so walking on concrete to the porta-potty can cause penguin like waddling, attempting to use only the heels. As seen above, a person could toss these covers on, much like a skate guard, and get around easily without ruining their spikes.
Problem solved!

1 comment:

  1. I bought my dad a Chillow for Father's day, way back in Junior high! The spike cover or oreo dunker...not yet. Maybe this year for Father's day!

    ReplyDelete