Only one "month" away from D-day!
We had an interesting experience on the eve of week 36. I had self diagnosed some gallbladder issues about 3 months ago after having an 'attack' that felt like a heart attack for about 15 minutes one night. The other attacks were about four weeks apart, and my doctor didn't seem worried when I had told her about them. I had another progressively bad one Monday night, that came back Tuesday morning and Wednesday during the day. After what seemed like 36 hours of on and off attacks, I called in and was told to try Mylanta and eventually go to the ER if it continued to be really painful. Finally on Wednesday night I went in to see if they could at least diagnose things or find some answers. Long story short, I was kept overnight (in maternity nonetheless) to do some tests, talk with a few doctors and have some weird concerns ruled out. Diagnosis? Gallstones. Shocker. Treatment? Take it out lapriscopocally a couple weeks after baby arrives. Til then? Low fat diet to avoid further attacks. Dannnng it. :)
Glad baby is still in there, healthy and happy! We had some interesting possibilities discussed when we were ruling out pregnancy concerns, and definitely realized we need to get all our last minute details in order because baby really could come at any time. Hoping to pick out a name, wash a couple newborn onesies, and have junior's sleeping arrangement figured out by then. Other than that, we should be at least moderately ready. Where has this 8-9 months gone!?
I'm so glad everything is okay! Praying for good health for you, as well as baby. Great picture of you!
ReplyDeleteGlad you're feeling better! You're LOOKING great!! Let me know if you need help with anything; I'll be there in a heartbeat! Can't wait to meet the little guy, find out his name, see who he looks like, etc., etc.! This grandma thing is the BEST! Take care of yourself!! Love you!
ReplyDeleteThanks both of you! We feel blessed by our family and friends on a whole new level during this time. I'm excited to be done, but still okay sitting tight for awhile too, what a funny mix of emotions!
ReplyDeleteGlad all is a-okay! Can't wait to meet the little dude!
ReplyDeleteI thought of more great names. (Even better than Camera, if you can believe that). Just hit me up and I'll share them with you! :)
ReplyDelete