Forgive my cheesiness as I reflect on these last weeks and
days of pregnancy... (blame it on the hormones)
. It feels like forever ago that I was nervously beckoning Eric from the garage to show him that the little stick displayed two lines instead of one. And I can't believe the end is already here! A couple of things have hit me with
a little bittersweetness as we near the end. I'm a little sad to enter this new
phase of adulthood, and know I will miss some of the fun adventures that Eric
and I have enjoyed as 'just us.' The lyrics of this song by one of our
favorites, (Switchfoot), make me reminisce about all of the fun we've had
together and our carefree life thus far. It talks about our happy memories
being 'Souvenirs'...
Click to listen...
"Here’s to the late nights, here’s to the
firelight, these are my souvenirs, my mental pictures of everything. I
close my eyes and go back in time, I can see you smiling, you’re so alive.We
were so young, we had no fear. We were so young, we had just begun. A song we
knew, but had never sung, it burned like fire inside our
lungs. I wouldn't trade it for anything, my souvenirs."
The redeeming part of this slightly depressing song is that it ends by saying "We were so young, we had no idea... that life was just happening." As fun as it is to reminisce about our carefree years
together, I realize that the richness of our lives and adventures will be multiplied beyond compare when our little boy arrives.
Awww, your life is forever changed. Good luck during these last few days!!!
ReplyDeleteBeautifully stated! I remember crying all the way to the hospital the night Erin was born...."it will never be just the two of us again"...."what if I don't know how to take care of a baby, and I'm not a good mom?"....."are we really ready for this?? Maybe we should have waited longer?"....etc! After you get through the initial adjustmnet & get a little sleep, it just gets better & better!! Love you guys!
ReplyDelete