I apologize for the length of time between posts, woopsies! :)
Our big day finally arrived on October 20th. I had been looking forward to this for many months, probably even before we were expecting a baby!
The weeks have gone quickly, and the weather is starting to change. I can't believe we're already at the halfway mark of baby's development. The ultrasound was a blast, you could see every detail including the four chambers of the heart, parts of the brain like the cerebellum, 10 fingers/toes, everything! It was very reassuring. Part of me was trying to stave off getting too excited or attached in a way, because you 'never know' what can happen. I don't even consider myself a worrier, but seeing that little booger's heart beat, and his little hands and feet waving around made it so much more real. We're very excited to announce to everyone that we're having a BOY!!
In our previous weeks' discussions about gender, we thought it might be cool to have a boy first, since it seemed like the natural way. :) We really would've been just as excited either way, but it was such a relief to finally know. Thank God for this healthy baby boy! We can't wait to enjoy the rest of the next 20 weeks and the crazy years that will follow!
(thanks to Angel Antonello for taking these awesome pics for us!)
20 weeks!



Lindsey - I felt EXACTLY the same way after I had an ultrasound when I was pregnant with Eric! What a relief to know that everything is as it should be, and baby just needs time to grow! I've said lots of times that I'd have paid for it myself for the peace of mind! The excitement continues to build!!
ReplyDeleteTerry