Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Boring?

I keep realizing that I don't have a lot of things to blog about these days.
I am so grateful for this season of my life, but I would dare to say that it's almost a little boring... at times. I know that its probably a death wish to feel or express boredom in life; we all have memories of our mother's reactions to boredom as a child :)... and yes, I could probably FIND things to cook, clean, fix etc. But I am still daring to use that word on this very night, knowing what may come of it.
Eric works until 10:00p on a lot of nights and I have been entrusted with frequent evenings to myself. This was novel at first, the idea of being able to work out without feeling guilty, possibly a little cooking/cleaning /multi tasking, and eventually a night cap of some episodes on DVD or a movie of my own girly choosing. I dare to admit that I have even passed out for a couple hours on our king size pillow top on those really rough days, mostly just because I can. I think I tend to be more independent in nature, enjoying time to myself and space to do what I please, but I have found myself a little -bored-... at times. I realize that this is only a season in life. I can almost guarantee that if you call me in a few years I will be exhausted and begging for more nights like this one, but life is funny like that, you can't stow away a free evening or 8 hours of sleep, no matter how awesome that would be. So for right now, God has blessed me with time sweet time; sleep, exercise, time to cook/blog/nap/read, and even the motivation and energy to do those things every now and then. Lesson for the day, 'Contentment with godliness is great gain!' -the Bible- Thank you Lord for this season of my life. As boring as it may seem.

















Today's excitement: Whole grain popovers fresh out of the oven w/whipped honey butter. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment