Wednesday, August 29, 2012

BRB BFF's

I spend most of every post now-a-days apologizing that I haven't posted for awhile. Not that anyone cares that much, but I know a couple of people check it for updates, so I'm sorry that I wasted your time! haha.

Quick update on life:
Pete has had a goofy week, we had him into the doc a week ago with cold symptoms and rubbing his ears a lot. Naturally the doc put him on antibiotics, so we're just finishing those out. (I guess you'll never know for sure if they did/didn't have an ear infection, just have to trust the docs.) He's finally getting back to normal with behavior, he's been fussy lately; so the past two nights of sleeping through till morning have been amazing! Nothing makes you more grateful for a full night of sleep than having a little one in the house. But it's nice to wake up, look at the clock and say "Praise-a-llujia Jesus, thank you so much!"

The rest of us:
  The evenings go quick, especially with me working till 7pm on Mon/Tues at home. I can't lie its kinda crazy having baby home during that time. But we're slowly adjusting and figuring out how to navigate the situation, because working at home for my 'long days' is just too good to give up. Im often able to give him his bottle and lay him down for bed, rather than coming home after he's asleep. Working after having a baby really adds a whole new priority shift, and feeling of being pulled in two directions. But we're slowly making it work! (i.e. Lots of long stroller rides with Dad.)

The weeknights consist of loading/unloading a dishwasher full of bottle and pump parts, trying to eat real meals, cleaning up/packing lunches for the next day, trying to get a little bit of exercise in (some nights) as to delay the slow office chair death, grocery shopping (with some recent efforts at couponing), and eventually trying to get to bed at a decent time, without feeling like I never sat down. Im trying to be more intentional about not being a busy-body, specifically by not wasting time on things that have no lasting value or that steal joy/peace rather than add it.

Other than that, weekends have been fun. We enjoyed a 5th anniversary trip to Alexandria where we relaxed baby free; hit dinner, the movies, some antique shops, and splurged for the in-room jacuzzi! It was a blast.

So thats us. For now.

BRB.  (yeah right.)

No comments:

Post a Comment