Monday, July 30, 2012

Braggin' About the Berg

Sorry for being MIA again. I have a hard time knowing what to write about lately, funny for a woman who can't shut up! :)

I was recently inspired by a friend to read over this 30 Day Challenge to love your husband better, so I thought it would be fun to mix a little husband brag into an update on some of our recent adventures. The premise of the challenge is to be positive in the things you say to and about your husband. (and many other challenges as well! Check it out :)

It's funny how a little change in perspective makes you realize how blessed you are. We will be celebrating FIVE crazy fast years in just under two weeks.

I've been feeling so lucky lately that Eric is such an awesome companion to me and father to Pete! Our most recent adventures have incorporated a lot of outdoor and small town fun, whether it was the 4th of July hometown parade, hearing about Eric's experiences on the farm with his sweet old daycare "grandma" who recently passed, or most recently, to a rockin' tractor and threshing show. Eric has often voiced his worries about Pete growing up in the city, fearful of the influences and brain rot that can often accompany it. Although I grew up in the city, I can definitely see all the benefits to living out in the boonies, especially as a kid. We don't know where God will direct our footsteps in the future, but we feel at peace that he's got us where he wants us right now, even in the midst of the concrete jungle. :) But it makes me so incredibly thankful that Pete has a Dad who can show him all the fun of being a small town kid!

Eric's recent project, refinishing an old rocking chair. He's been taught to appreciate a good piece of wood furniture! 

Eric taking Pete around his first of many tractor shows. One of Eric's family passions and traditions.

Pete won't have any excuses for "being bored" with a Dad like this!



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah Eric!! This is such a nice post, Lindsey! You're a wonderful wife and mom. :)

    (Yesterday, Brent asked if I'd read your post yet, now I see why! haha)

    Also, you better not move out of the cities right when we get there! :)

    ReplyDelete