Thursday, June 28, 2012

The Great Return

Hi Ho, Back to Work I Go! And thus my absenteeism from blogging for the past month or so. I was busy either dreading going back to work, treasuring my last moments, or in the thick of my first two weeks back. Well good news, I survived!

Ill start with updates, and hope I think of something else to blog about in the next few days. :)

Pete: Cute as ever! (in my opinion.) He's getting more coordinated every week and enjoys reaching out to grab or bat at things. And of course, pulls EVERYTHING to his mouth. He started sleeping through the night like a little champ right when I went back to work! What a blessing. He's had a handful of nights where he has still woken up for one feeding, but he usually makes it from a 'top off' around 10:30-11pm until 7! Miracles still exist. He's even had a morning or two where he slept til 8 or 9am. I'm pretty sure the angels in heaven were singing the hallelujah chorus.

Eric: Still running around like a crazy man enjoying summer activities. He's always got some project or activity to keep him busy. He recently refurbished a gas grill that a friend was going to throw out by installing some new burners, and now we have a fancy 'new' grill! :) He always enjoys his evenings outside, watering the garden and lawn, mowing, weeding, killing japanese beatles, etc. :)

Me (Lindsey): Almost done with week two of being back at work! Im really starting to figure out a rhythm and feel relatively good about things on a daily basis. Day one was the hardest, but once I got used to entrusting him to our sweet daycare lady, Michelle, I've grown to feel at peace with my time away. The hardest times are when he has a rough day (i.e. wailing a lot) at daycare, but he seems to be getting better each day. Overall, I just cherish my time in the mornings, evenings and weekends with him. Lots of squishing, smooching, talking and cuddling occurs.



Life is going pretty darn good.




2 comments:

  1. So glad it's going OK for all of you! Pete looks like such a big boy now! You guys are so good with him, he'll do great...sleeping all night is such a bonus!! And thankful that he's getting used to the daycare routine - he'll probably love the action of the other kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad the hard part is over and that you're feeling good and have gotten a rhythem. I was thinking of you lots.

    You guys all look so happy :)

    ReplyDelete