
After celebrating a recent birthday, I’ve been coming to terms with being on the downward slope of aging. I’m sure many of you would want to kill me for saying that, but here are a few (online) sources that I have referenced…
Aging and Aerobic Performance
· ‘The maximal oxygen intake declines each decade from 25 to 65 years of age.’
· ‘Strength peaks around 25 years of age, plateaus through 35 or 40 years of age, and then shows an accelerating decline, with 25% loss of peak force by the age of 65 years.’
And lastly…
· ‘fertility begins to diminish slowly from the age of 25 as a woman's eggs decrease and a recent report claimed that women are 10 per cent less fertile at 27.’
Encouraging, right?
I guess I’ve reached my ‘freshest if used by…’ date.
“Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day.
So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.” 2 Corinthians 4:16, 18
Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting;
but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised. Prov 31
Hoping to continue aging in the things that really matter. One day closer to Jesus!
No comments:
Post a Comment