I can't believe our five weeks apart is almost over. It has gone unbelievably well, which I know is a complete blessing from God. We knew that it could be really hard, but God has provided ample distraction, as well as infinite blessing during this time; for Eric and me both.
It is sort of an odd feeling to be away from each other once you have been married for awhile. And we've had even had some experience with it in the past. Eric and I began dating in April 2006, at which time he had to leave to work at Kanakuk camps for two months of the summer, while I did the same in Texas. It was really a unique experience having only written letters rather than being able to talk in person or on the phone, but it created such fun memories and now we have our first few months of communication documented forever! :)
By the next summer, we were engaged and had a wedding planned for roughly 3 weeks after Eric would arrive home from a similar stint at Kanakuk. I completed my full time internship and planned the details of our wedding while Eric was away for another 8 weeks.
And now this time has been altogether different in itself, after having been married for 3 years. We knew for certain that Eric was called to serve the Lord in Germany on this trip, and we trusted him to provide for us during our time apart.
And many blessings have come!


I started a new job on July 19 at Healthpartners in Bloomington, MN. It has been going very well! They seem to really value us as employees and treat us well.
I have been lucky to see many friends and family over this time; Long distance friends, Kayla, Sol & Lacey on their way through, the book club girls for an afternoon at the pool, and my mom and I conquered a list of 'must-do's' including a drive-in movie and Stillwater's mainstreet.
Our twin niece and nephew were born on Aug 6th! What an incredible excitement for our family. We even managed to get a computer set up in the hospital and video chatted with Eric, 5,000 miles away! It was an amazing experience, and So much fun.
Among other things, I have been scrapbooking like a fiend. I wanted to start a family scrapbook after our first anniversary that had a spread for every year of our family's life. I'm just getting around to the actual scrapping, and it has taken SO MUCH time and energy. But its been fun, and hopefully I'll appreciate the finish project.
I am so excited for Eric to come back and to have a mini-vacation!We decided to head up to the north shore and Grand Marais for a few days when he gets back, to celebrate our anniversary and spend some time hanging out.
All in all, this 5 weeks has been busy and full of happy things, but I Cannot wait to pick up hubby at the airport on Monday night!
Among other things, I have been scrapbooking like a fiend. I wanted to start a family scrapbook after our first anniversary that had a spread for every year of our family's life. I'm just getting around to the actual scrapping, and it has taken SO MUCH time and energy. But its been fun, and hopefully I'll appreciate the finish project.
I am so excited for Eric to come back and to have a mini-vacation!
All in all, this 5 weeks has been busy and full of happy things, but I Cannot wait to pick up hubby at the airport on Monday night!
No comments:
Post a Comment