Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Valentine's Day

To celebrate Valentine's Day we went snowmobiling... just the two of us. :) They say that the couple that 'plays together, stays together', so I figured I better get this snowmobiling thing figured out sometime soon. Plus, snowmobiling is Eric's unspoken love language. (Funny that they don't mention it in the book.) We had a great time and I feel like I'm finally starting to ascend the learning curve. Sometimes I compare myself to all the veterans in Eric's family and think, 'I'm probably where they were at about age seven' so I'm aiming to progress to at least late elementary school in the next couple years. I was pretty proud of myself for pushing my comfort level and doing some things that just don't seem to make sense in the physics of life, but I guess that's the norm for 'extreme sports.'

Here are a few pictures to tell the tale.


This is me just warming up and getting used to the feel of my sled.



As the day progressed, I mastered a few more challenging skills.
(I changed outfits and snowmobiles midday, before taking some of these shots. Eric is standing, looking on. He wore his Polaris jacket that day.)



Let's not forget the time when I accidentally went 'over' the hill rather than around it, and accidentally hit the accelerator, rather than the brake. It's hard to keep straight sometimes.



Finally, a couple's photo. Thanks to the passerby who was willing to take a snapshot for us.

Most of all, a thank you goes out to Uncle Tom for making this happen and letting us use his sleds. Without you, I would not be seriously pursuing the X Games in 2011.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment